*May and June classes will open to members on March 12 and non-members on March 14. Not a member? Sign up here. *
This class will introduce you to welding as you create a stone and metal sculpture suitable for your garden or patio. TIG welding uses an inert gas and bonds metal to metal without a wire feed or rods or sticks, and is typically used for thinner materials such as pipe welding or where appearance is important. Local artist Greg Kraft will cover safety as well as introductory concepts for sculpture design. Come join the fun and create a garden sculpture just in time for the gardening season.
Students are asked to bring:
- Long-sleeved cotton shirt, long pants, closed-toe leather shoes or boots
- DO NOT wear shorts, dresses, short sleeves or open-toed shoes
- Optional: Leather work gloves, instructor will have some gloves available
- Optional: Stone about the size of your fist
- As your class is scheduled over a lunch hour, we highly recommend you bring a lunch or click here to learn about local eating opportunities.
Your instructor will provide the following materials:
- TIG welder and welding material
- safety helmets
- extra leather gloves
- extra safety glasses
No experience needed.
Students ages 18 and older are welcome to attend.
Marine Mills Folk School
550 Pine St., Marine on St. Croix, MN 55047
Total Cost: $110
NOTE: Be aware we may cancel class if a minimum number of registrations is not reached. We work to balance teachers’ need to plan for a class with students’ busy schedules — not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!
If interested, you can find our cancellation policy here.