If you have ever thought about writing your own songs, join us for a songwriting workshop focusing on folk traditions, lyrics development, and learn some history at the same time!
In this class, you will:
- go over sources of style and inspiration, history, and song development
- inspire some creative efforts and show the way to carry them further
- offer some peer review (nonjudgemental but helpful)
Your Instructor will provide the following materials:
- Sample song sheets
Students are asked to bring the following materials:
- Bring an instrument, if you play
- If your class is scheduled over a lunch hour, we highly recommend you bring a lunch or click here to learn about local eating opportunities in the area.
Students ages 10-15 are welcome to attend this class with another registered adult. Students between the ages of 16-17 may attend without a parent/guardian in attendance as long as MMFS is provided with written parental permission by email to email@example.com.
No prior experience required but students should have an interest and some familiarity with bluegrass, folk, old-time and/or country music,
Marine Mills Folk School
550 Pine St., Marine on St. Croix, MN 55047
Material Fee: $0
Total Cost: $40
NOTE: Be aware we may cancel class if a minimum number of registrations is not reached. We work to balance a teacher’s need to plan for a class with students’ busy schedules — not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!
If interested, please click here to review our cancellation policies.