We’re excited to welcome back Karen Englebretson for another needle felting class. In this fast-paced class, you will learn to needle felt a three-dimensional chickadee from core wool and apply lifelike characteristics using merino prefelt and merino roving. You will also learn finishing details for glass bead eyes, mounting, and hanging as an ornament.
Participants will complete one bird and leave with enough supplies to make a second one on their own.
Your instructor will provide the following materials:
- Corriedale wool roving
- merino prefelt
- merino roving
- foam block
- 38 ga. and 42 ga. triangle needle felting needles
- beading needle and thread
- glass beads for eyes
- materials for mounting as an ornament
- written instructions and resources list
Students are asked to bring the following materials:
- Those with previous experience can bring their own needles and foam.
- Snacks and/or drinks, as there are no food facilities at the folk school
Students ages 18 and older are welcome to attend this class.
Some needle felting experience helpful but not required.
Materials fee: $35
Total cost: $125
NOTE: Be aware we may cancel class if a minimum number of registrations is not reached. We work to balance teachers’ need to plan for a class with students’ busy schedules — not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!
If interested, you can find our cancellation policy here.