Learn the basic basket-making techniques and take home a bike basket! Lay out the base of the basket, shape the sides and create a sturdy rim.
Join Kirsten, a long-time instructor who will have you laughing and learning, she’ll help you ease into basket weaving with no stress, you’ll be amazed at how fast the time goes.
*Note: this is a two-day class, March 25 & 26.
You will learn basic basket-making techniques. Techniques you will learn are:
- How to lay out a basket bottom
- How to shape the sides with start/stop weaving
- Learn to put on a very sturdy rim
- Add decorative reed for accent if you wish
You will work hard during this class but the outcome will be well worth it. There is truly something magical about taking basic supplies from nature and making a functional work of art. You will love this class!
The instructor will provide all weaving supplies.
Materials to bring along to class:
- Bucket (at least ice cream bucket size or larger)
- Wooden clothespins (at least 15)
- Strong scissors
- Needle nosed pliers
- Measuring tape
- Small flat head screwdriver
- Spray bottle
- Pencil for marking
- Apron or old clothing that can get wet and perhaps snagged
Lunch will be on your own. We strongly recommend you bring a bag lunch with water/snacks as this class is scheduled through the lunch hour.
Marine Mills Folk School
550 Pine St., Marine on St. Croix, MN 55047
Material Fee: $30.00
Total Cost: $95.00
NOTE: Be aware we may cancel class if a minimum number of registrations is not reached. We work to balance a teacher’s need to plan for a class with students’ busy schedules — not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!