Check out this Bean Pot Basket! It has a wire handle and a simple offset twill weave around the basket. Add a bit of dyed reed and you have a great basket. A simple yet functional basket. In this class, you will create a round, twined bottom basket which measures 9” in diameter and 7.5” high.
You will learn basic basket-making techniques. Techniques you will learn are:
- How to create a twined round bottom for the basket
- How to shape the sides with one weaver
- Learn to weave a simple offset twill
- Add decorative dyed reed for accent if you wish
You will work hard during this class but the outcome will be well worth it. There is truly something magical about taking basic supplies from nature and making a functional work of art. You will love this class!
The instructor will provide all weaving supplies. Note this is a two day class.
Materials to bring along to class:
- Bucket (at least ice cream bucket size or larger)
- Wooden clothespins (at least 15)
- Strong scissors
- Needle nosed pliers
- Measuring tape
- Small flat head screwdriver
- Spray bottle
- Pencil for marking
- Apron or old clothing that can get wet and perhaps snagged
Lunch will be on your own. We strongly recommend you bring a bag lunch with water/snacks as this class is scheduled through the lunch hour.
Marine Mills Folk School
550 Pine St., Marine on St. Croix, MN 55047
Total Cost: $95
NOTE: Be aware we may cancel class if a minimum number of registrations is not reached. We work to balance teachers’ need to plan for a class with students’ busy schedules — not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!