RELEASE THE INTERNAL PRESSURE THAT CAN BUILD UP. GIVE VOICE TO WHAT’S INSIDE. Art & Creativity For Healing gives people a safe space in which to explore and express their personal experience and emotions – the everyday ones or the really hard ones. All you have to do is sit down and allow Jane, a Certified Art for Healing coach, to gently guide you through a series of carefully formulated questions that you answer with abstract shapes and colors.
In this class you will:
* Discover how to authentically express yourself using color.
* Achieve a greater self-awareness, clarity, insight and encouragement.
* Recognize your ability to process many emotions in a healthy way.
* Communicate thoughts and feelings when often words are inadequate.
* Go home with 3-4 paintings which record the internal journey you’ve been on.
Students are asked to bring the following materials:
- Snacks if needed, as there are no food facilities at the school
You don’t have to consider yourself artistic or even be able to draw a stick man! Jane will help you connect with your intuitive, abstract expression. This art class is for everyone!
Students ages 18 and older are welcome to attend this class.
Marine Mills Folk School
550 Pine St., Marine on St. Croix, Minnesota 55047
Materials Fee: $20
Total Cost: $55
NOTE: Be aware we may cancel class if a minimum number of registrations is not reached. We work to balance a teacher’s need to plan for a class with students’ busy schedules — not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!
If interested, you can find our cancellation policy here.