Imagine stockings hanging by the fireplace – and those stockings were hand painted by YOU!
Create a family heirloom online with talented artist Kirsten Aune as she walks you through personalizing your own stocking. You won’t be disappointed and like the snow outside your window – no two stockings will be the same! Please join us as we create warm memories together.
Whether making a gift, or for your own family to enjoy, these unique stockings are sure to bring a smile to everyone’s faces and create just the right holiday spirit!
(Note: This class will be online via Zoom, not in person—a link will be sent prior to the class.)
Materials students will need to have in-hand to fully participate:
- masking tape
- T pins if you have them
- padding for table/towel/blanket with sheet or fabric over it
- sponge brushes (try to get ones with a little stiffness if you can)
- freezer paper (not freezer wrap!)
- good scissors
- pre-washed cotton muslin fabric
- paper for ideas and notes
- ruler (optional)
- stickers, hole punches, fun paper punches people use for scrapbooking (optional)
- fabric paint, You can get fabric paint at Micheal’s or Joann Fabrics. I order mine from Pro-Chemical and Dye. You can get 4oz or 8oz pre-mixed colors. I like opaque colors. The opaque colors can be thick so I would also purchase thinner. I buy the opaque and translucent base in addition to primary color pigments including black and white mixing my own colors.
- mixing spatulas or spoons
- empty containers if mixing your own paint
- apron that can get paint on it
Online Class General Information:
- Each registration is for one “device” (one computer, tablet, phone). This is to ensure we don’t have more people registered than the instructor is comfortable with having in a class. Please be respectful of this guideline and purchase multiple class spots if more than one person from your household is interested in attending.
- You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which to access the online class. Please arrive 10 minutes before class begins, to ensure your connection and device are ready when the class begins.
- If the class lists ‘Materials Needed’, you will want to purchase those materials and have them available as well
- Each class will be held using Zoom technology. You will receive a link and a password and information on how to log on, prior to the class. You will be able to view and ask questions during the class.
General Age Policy:
All classes are for adults (18+) unless otherwise noted.
Be aware we may cancel 5 days before class date if a minimum number of registrations not reached. We work to balance teachers' need to plan for a class with students' busy schedules -- not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!