Painting With Raindrops (Online)
Date & Time: November 17 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
One event on November 10, 2021 at 6:30 pm
One event on November 17, 2021 at 6:30 pm
Class Fee: $95.00
Class fee includes cost of material for this class, if provided.
Skill Level: No Experience Necessary
This class is three Wednesday evening sessions: 11/3/21, 11/10/21, 11/17/21 6:30-8:00pm
Over three weeks, we will explore many beautiful ways to collaborate with nature to create contemplative mixed media art that will deepen our relationship to the world around us. We will paint with raindrops or snow, print with plants, explore mark making with found natural objects, use tea bags, slow stitch, use stones, birch bark and other pieces of nature as collage elements, draw simple natural shapes and write in response to poems about nature.
We will focus on working in a sketchbook in this class and use it as a space to ask questions, experiment and have the freedom to play with new ideas and techniques without worrying about a specific product or outcome. This class focuses on a way of art making that invites you into a realm of possibilities that embraces curiosity over right and wrong and will deepen your relationship with wonder and courage to try new ways of creating.
(Note: This class will be online via Zoom, not in person—a link will be sent prior to the class.)
Materials students will need to have in-hand to fully participate:
- A sketchbook you like (Emma loves Kathmandu Valley Company journals and will use this one in class: www.kathmanduvalleyco.com/project/everest-explorer-journal)
- A box of tea bags (any kind of tea is fine)
- Small and medium paint brush
- UHU archival glue stick
- Stamp pad (Emma loves VersaFine and VersaCraft brands)
- Any beautiful scraps of papers you have around
- Small fabric scraps you enjoy the colors of
- Thread of any kind
- Watercolor paint, natural inks, India ink or gouache paint (no need for all of them, just one kind is great to start with)
- A pen to write with and draw with (Emma will use Micron drawing pens and calligraphy dip pens, any kind are welcome)
- Container for water
- Small natural objects like birch bark, pine cones, pine needles, leaves, feathers or grasses
Online Class General Information:
- Each registration is for one “device” (one computer, tablet, phone). This is to ensure we don’t have more people registered than the instructor is comfortable with having in a class. Please be respectful of this guideline and purchase multiple class spots if more than one person from your household is interested in attending.
- You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which to access the online class. Please arrive 10 minutes before class begins, to ensure your connection and device are ready when the class begins.
- If the class lists ‘Materials Needed’, you will want to purchase those materials and have them available as well
- Each class will be held using Zoom technology. You will receive a link and a password and information on how to log on, prior to the class. You will be able to view and ask questions during the class.
General Age Policy:
All classes are for adults (18+) unless otherwise noted.
Be aware we may cancel 5 days before class date if a minimum number of registrations not reached. We work to balance teachers' need to plan for a class with students' busy schedules -- not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!