This is a 3 session event, led by Chris Coleman. See below for more details.
Marine Mills Folk School students ‘walked’ in France for one month in January, next we’re off to Slovenia!
Chris Coleman, local yoga teacher and long time travel guide at Rick Steve’s Europe, is offering Marine Mills Folk School students a way to support our folk school plus connect with others interested in travel and staying fit. With each registration for this fun online series, Chris will donate to Marine Mills Folk School – thank you Chris! You’re also welcome to register for the same price using Chris’s web site, but MMFS won’t receive a donation.
Chris has teamed up with 3 local guides and friends, to offer a 2-week virtual walking tour in Slovenia, a country of quaint villages, natural beauty, tasty food and great wines – it is often compared to Switzerland or New Zealand! By committing to a weekly mileage goal, we’ll ‘walk’ throughout the country plus experience the culture and history of this ‘hidden gem of Europe.’
How it works: We’ll each individually walk 53 miles over 2 weeks, or whatever your goal is — everyone has different fitness levels and time available, you can adjust your distance goal even if it is half the miles, what is important is for you to meet your own personal challenge.
Everyone will get support and motivation during our 3 online Saturday sessions (March 13, 20 and 27), plus there will be additional videos each week that further explore Slovenia with our guides. Learn about local culture, history, food, and wine from Chris and her fabulous local friends Tina, Saso and Ervin.
After registering for the class you’ll receive a welcome email from our coaching app that will instruct you to download the app “My Coach”. You will receive a daily email during the March class period with lessons and information. The app will direct you to written and video content to help guide you on our virtual walking path.
Live Stream Events every Saturday (March 13, 30 and 27) on location: our 3 local guides will broadcast live from Slovenia and discuss details about where we are on our route. Normally 9am-10am (cst) on Saturdays, these live events will be recorded and will be accessible for viewing at your leisure. All content will be available to you through our My Coach app, private Facebook group and YouTube group.
Note: No Marine Mills Folk School coupons can be used for this class.
Students will need to fully participate:
- A good pair of walking shoes/hiking boots
- A Fitbit or alternate method of keeping track of distance (we’ll provide you a conversion table for all other daily activities to help you add up the mileage)
- A sense of curiosity & adventure!
Online Class General Information:
- Each registration is for one “device” (one computer, tablet, phone). This is to ensure we don’t have more people registered than the instructor is comfortable with having in a class. Please be respectful of this guideline and purchase multiple class spots if more than one person from your household is interested in attending.
- You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which to access the online class. Please arrive 10 minutes before class begins, to ensure your connection and device are ready when the class begins.
- Each class will be held using Zoom technology. You will receive a link and a password from chocolatesuitcase.com (not MMFS!) along with information on how to log on, prior to the class. You will be able to view and ask questions during the class.
General Age Policy:
All classes are for adults (18+) unless otherwise noted.
Be aware we may cancel 5 days before class date if a minimum number of registrations not reached. We work to balance teachers' need to plan for a class with students' busy schedules -- not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!