This is an introductory online spoon carving class and Q & A session. With a combination of photos, discussions and live demonstration, Erik and Michelle will share how they became interested in carving, and the history of Scandinavian wood carving.
They also will share many different items they have carved. Although students will not carve their own spoon, students will have a good understanding of what is required to begin carving, what tools are needed, what wood is best to use when carving, plus other important carving details.
This class gives all participants the chance to chat with these amazing craftspeople, asking the questions about spoon carving that you’ve always wondered but never had the chance to ask. Want to begin spoon carving? This is a great way to get a sense of what is involved, plus support these craftspeople. You’re sure to be inspired!
Class Specific Information
- This online class will be held on Saturday, February 27 from 1:00 to 2:30pm
- This class will cost $27.00
- You may want to take notes so have a pencil and paper handy
Online Class General Information
- Each registration is for one “device” (one computer, tablet, phone). This is to ensure we don’t have more people registered than the instructor is comfortable with having in a class. Please be respectful of this guideline and purchase multiple class spots if more than one person from your household is interested in attending
- You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which to access the online class. Please arrive 10 minutes before class begins, to ensure your connection and device are ready when the class begins
- Each class will be held using Zoom technology. You will receive a link and a password and information on how to log on, prior to the class. You will be able to view and ask questions during the class
General Age Policy:
All classes are for adults (18+) unless otherwise noted.
Be aware we may cancel 5 days before class date if a minimum number of registrations not reached. We work to balance teachers' need to plan for a class with students' busy schedules -- not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!