Scandinavian ornaments and Christmas stockings will delight your friends and families. We are lucky to have Kirsten Aune back as an instructor to offer these beautiful hand painted designs.
You will be painting your own ornaments and stockings, or take it a step further and make cloth napkins or placemats!
Kirsten is an accomplished artist, with awards from several organizations including the Jerome Foundation and the Arrowhead Regional Arts Council. Her work is in permanent collections around the world. We are lucky to have her share her skills and passion for Scandinavian design — don’t miss this wonderful opportunity!
Specific Class Requirements — Students to purchase and/or have available at the start of the class:
- masking tape
- T pins if you have them
- padding for table/towel/blanket with sheet or fabric over it
- sponge brushes (try to get ones with a little stiffness if you can)
- freezer wrap
- good scissors
- pre-washed cotton muslin fabric
- paper for ideas and notes
- ruler (optional)
- stickers, hole punches, fun paper punches people use for scrapbooking (optional)
- fabric paint, available at Michael’s or Joann Fabrics. Per Kirsten: “I order mine from Pro-Chemical and Dye. You can get 4oz or 8oz pre-mixed colors. I like opaque colors. The opaque colors can be thick so I would also purchase thinner. I buy the opaque and translucent base in addition to primary color pigments including black and white mixing my own colors.”
- mixing spatulas or spoons
- empty containers if mixing your own paint
- apron that can get paint on it
Online Class General Information:
- Each registration is for one “device” (one computer, tablet, phone). This is to ensure we don’t have more students registered than the instructor is comfortable with having in a class. Please be respectful of this guideline and purchase multiple class spots if more than one person from your household is interested in attending.
- You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which to access the online class. Please arrive 10 minutes before class begins, to ensure your connection and device are ready when the class begins.
- If the class lists ‘Materials Needed’, you will want to purchase those materials and have them available as well
- Each class will be held using Zoom technology. You will receive a link and a password and information on how to log on, prior to the class. You will be able to view and ask questions during the class.
General Age Policy:
All classes are for adults (18+) unless otherwise noted.
Be aware we may cancel 5 days before class date if a minimum number of registrations not reached. We work to balance teachers' need to plan for a class with students' busy schedules -- not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!