Turn a loved one’s favorite article of clothing into a one-of-a-kind keepsake. A special shirt, dress, uniform, sweatshirt or even jeans can be transformed into a wonderful, fully jointed, squeeze-able bear. New baby due in the family? Want to honor a beloved family member? Capture family memories in a stuffed bear that will be treasured for years.
Patterns, poly fill and plastic joints all provided in the material fee. Some sewing experience required. Breaks will be taken throughout this class.
Each participant will create a one-of-a-kind memory bear.
A Kit will be mailed to each student, and the cost of the kit with shipping is included in the class registration fee. Registration will close one week before the class date to allow for mailing. The kit includes: Patterns, poly fill and plastic joints.
Materials students will need to have in-hand to fully participate:
- Sewing machine
- Straight pins
- Clothing article(s)
- Good, well lit area
- Reading glasses if needed
- Kit sent by the instructor
Online Class General Information:
- The class fee includes a kit, which will be mailed to you. Be sure to sign up by May 8, 2021, to receive the kit. And if you want the kit to be mailed to an address other than your billing address, be sure to include that information in ‘Order Notes’ when you register.
- Each registration is for one “device” (one computer, tablet, phone). This is to ensure we don’t have more people registered than the instructor is comfortable with having in a class. Please be respectful of this guideline and purchase multiple class spots if more than one person from your household is interested in attending.
- You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which to access the online class. Please arrive 10 minutes before class begins, to ensure your connection and device are ready when the class begins.
- Each class will be held using Zoom technology. You will receive a link and a password and information on how to log on, prior to the class. You will be able to view and ask questions during the class.
General Age Policy:
All classes are for adults (18+) unless otherwise noted.
Be aware we may cancel 5 days before class date if a minimum number of registrations not reached. We work to balance teachers' need to plan for a class with students' busy schedules -- not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!