Have you wanted to try plant-based dyeing but didn’t know where to begin?
Bundle dyeing, the practice of enclosing and steaming plants in textiles to extract pigment, is a great place to start!
In this online class you will learn about the what, why and how of plant-based dyes before trying it out on a pre-prepared organic cotton bandana.
Each registration fee includes the cost of a materials kit for the class. Kits will be mailed to each registered student and will include all items needed to successfully try bundle dyeing at home. Registration will close one week before the class (December 5) in order to mail kits to students.
All are welcome!
Specific Class Requirements:
- a pot from home with a lid and a strainer (for dye purposes only – can not be used for food)
- Kit which has been mailed to each students
Online Class General Information:
- Each registration is for one “device” (one computer, tablet, phone). This is to ensure we don’t have more people registered than the instructor is comfortable with having in a class. Please be respectful of this guideline and purchase multiple class spots if more than one person from your household is interested in attending.
- You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which to access the online class. Please arrive 10 minutes before class begins, to ensure your connection and device are ready when the class begins.
- If the class lists ‘Materials Needed’, you will want to purchase those materials and have them available as well
- Each class will be held using Zoom technology. You will receive a link and a password and information on how to log on, prior to the class. You will be able to view and ask questions during the class.
General Age Policy:
All classes are for adults (18+) unless otherwise noted.
Be aware we may cancel 5 days before class date if a minimum number of registrations not reached. We work to balance teachers' need to plan for a class with students' busy schedules -- not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!