Is Crop Art the first exhibit you race to at the Minnesota State Fair every year? If you do then this is the class for you!
Typically incorporating a variety of seeds, grains and other natural materials, crop art has been described as the ‘collision of art and agriculture’. Is crop art ‘kitsch’ or ‘art’ or somewhere in between? You decide, as you join the fun and create your own design.
Did you know the Minnesota State Fair is the only state fair with a crop art exhibit? This could be the start of a new direction in art for our participants!
Students will learn the basics of crop art with a kit that will be mailed to you prior to class that will include everything you need to make your own masterpiece!
Class Specific Requirements:
- Image you want to work with (one that can be traced, not something you can’t write on). Image should be 7-½ X 7-½ inches. Think basic shapes for your first go round.
- A kit will be sent to each registered student. This require a student to register one week prior to the class. Please register by November 7. 2020
Online Class General Information:
- Each registration is for one “device” (one computer, tablet, phone). This is to ensure we don’t have more students registered than the instructor is comfortable with having in a class. Please be respectful of this guideline and purchase multiple class spots if more than one person from your household is interested in attending.
- You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which to access the online class. Please arrive 10 minutes before class begins, to ensure your connection and device are ready when the class begins.
- If the class lists ‘Materials Needed’, you will want to purchase those materials and have them available as well
- Each class will be held using Zoom technology. You will receive a link and a password and information on how to log on, prior to the class. You will be able to view and ask questions during the class.
General Age Policy:
All classes are for adults (18+) unless otherwise noted.
Be aware we may cancel 5 days before class date if a minimum number of registrations not reached. We work to balance teachers' need to plan for a class with students' busy schedules -- not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!