Nothing says the holidays quite like the sight and smell of a fresh balsam wreath on your front door!
Learn how to sustainably harvest balsam boughs from the forest, make your own wire base, and create a beautiful, unique wreath that is ready to hang and enjoy.
A variety of decorative accent options will be demonstrated, and you will see step-by-step how to make your own bow!
And yes, Laura will even share her secret to getting the pine pitch off your fingers afterwards.
No previous experience necessary.
Materials students will need to have in-hand to fully participate:
- Fresh harvested balsam boughs (and other sprigs of greenery and tag alder for diversity), a big box full (pick more than you think you need!) Laura will send each students directions on how to harvest the boughs etc safely for the tree.
- 2 metal coat hangers
- 1 spool strong florist wire
- Garden shears
- Wired ribbon of choice (for making your bow)
- Pine cones, ornaments, or other decorations of choice
- Plastic covering for the work surface (garbage bags work well)
- Olive oil in a small bowl
- Pair of pliers
Online Class General Information:
- Each registration is for one “device” (one computer, tablet, phone). This is to ensure we don’t have more people registered than the instructor is comfortable with having in a class. Please be respectful of this guideline and purchase multiple class spots if more than one person from your household is interested in attending.
- You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which to access the online class. Please arrive 10 minutes before class begins, to ensure your connection and device are ready when the class begins.
- If the class lists ‘Materials Needed’, you will want to purchase those materials and have them available as well
- Each class will be held using Zoom technology. You will receive a link and a password and information on how to log on, prior to the class. You will be able to view and ask questions during the class.
General Age Policy:
All classes are for adults (18+) unless otherwise noted.
Be aware we may cancel 5 days before class date if a minimum number of registrations not reached. We work to balance teachers' need to plan for a class with students' busy schedules -- not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!