We are excited to begin offering classes in collaboration with the Farm Table Foundation in Amery, Wisconsin.
Discover the essentials for great Thai cooking and flavor!
Sarah Mittelstadt, Farm Table’s head chef and restaurant manager, spent six months in Thailand and has a secret specialty: cooking delicious Thai food!
In this class Sarah will discuss the essentials of great Thai cooking and flavor: galangal root, garlic, shallots, Thai chili, fresh herbs, citrus, fish sauce, and more. She will then use those essentials to demonstrate a simple pork skewer with sticky rice, a Thai omelet, and the always popular Phad Thai!
This class will be discussion and demonstration only. There will not be time for participants to cook along with Sarah.
Materials students will need to have in-hand to fully
- Bring your questions as Sarah will take them throughout the Zoom class
- Pen and paper for note taking
Online Class General Information:
- Each registration is for one “device” (one computer, tablet, phone). This is to ensure we don’t have more people registered than the instructor is comfortable with having in a class. Please be respectful of this guideline and purchase multiple class spots if more than one person from your household is interested in attending.
- You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which to access the online class. Please arrive 10 minutes before class begins, to ensure your connection and device are ready when the class begins.
- If the class lists ‘Materials Needed’, you will want to purchase those materials and have them available as well
- Each class will be held using Zoom technology. You will receive a link and a password and information on how to log on, prior to the class. You will be able to view and ask questions during the class.
General Age Policy:
All classes are for adults (18+) unless otherwise noted.
Be aware we may cancel 5 days before class date if a minimum number of registrations not reached. We work to balance teachers' need to plan for a class with students' busy schedules -- not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!