Textile Artist Kirsten Aune will guide you in making hand painted stenciled hearts which you will sew and fill with polyfil. Want a gift guaranteed to ‘win’ the heart of your honey? This is it!
Using stencils you will learn to design and decorate your fabric hearts. You will be able to make a mobile, garland or decoration for your wall or door. A talented artist, Kirsten now lives and works in Duluth, Minnesota. Her work is featured in public museum and private collections through out the world. Her artistic style has been called ‘Modern Scandinavian’, you’ll love hearing about her path as an artist as she guides you in the creation of hand painted stenciling.
This class will get you in the mood to celebrate Valentine’s Day, Swedish style!
Materials students will need to have in-hand to fully participate:
- Sewing machine
- Needle for handwork
- Masking tape
- T-pins if you have them
- Fabric paint. You can get fabric paint at Michael’s or Joann Fabrics. I order mine from Pro-Chemical and Dye. You can get 4oz or 8oz pre-mixed colors. I like opaque colors. The opaque colors can be thick so I would also purchase thinner. I buy the opaque and translucent base in addition to primary color pigments including black and white mixing my own colors.
- Padding for table/towel/blanket with sheet or fabric over it
- Sponge brushes (try to get ones with a little stiffness if you can)
- Freezer wrap
- Good scissors
- Pre-washed cotton muslin fabric (One yard is plenty)
- Pen/Paper for ideas and notes
- Ruler (optional)
- Empty containers for mixing paint
- Mixing spatulas or spoons
- Stickers, hole punches, fun paper punches people use for scrapbooking (optional)
- Apron that can get paint on it
Online Class General Information:
- Each registration is for one “device” (one computer, tablet, phone). This is to ensure we don’t have more people registered than the instructor is comfortable with having in a class. Please be respectful of this guideline and purchase multiple class spots if more than one person from your household is interested in attending.
- You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which to access the online class. Please arrive 10 minutes before class begins, to ensure your connection and device are ready when the class begins.
- Each class will be held using Zoom technology. You will receive a link and a password and information on how to log on, prior to the class. You will be able to view and ask questions during the class.
General Age Policy:
All classes are for adults (18+) unless otherwise noted.
Be aware we may cancel 5 days before class date if a minimum number of registrations not reached. We work to balance teachers' need to plan for a class with students' busy schedules -- not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!