Mozzarella cheese was first made by the monks of San Lorenzo di Capua in Italy.
It has been made from sheep’s milk, buffalo milk and finally cow’s milk.
Our cheese artisan Gary Colles will teach you how to make your own fresh mozzarella at home.
Served with crusty bread and wine will make this the perfect picnic treat!
Students will need the following, in order to fully participate in the class:
- Citric acid (will need 1-½ tsp)
- 1 gallon pasteurized whole milk
- Lipase powder (will need ¼ tsp)
- Rennet (will need ¼ tsp)
- Optional Cheese Salt
List of Online Suppliers, for purchase of Lipase and Rennet:
Mozzarella Cheese Recipe for students to follow.
Online Class General Information:
- Each registration is for one “device” (one computer, tablet, phone). This is to ensure we don’t have more people registered than the instructor is comfortable with having in a class. Please be respectful of this guideline and purchase multiple class spots if more than one person from your household is interested in attending.
- You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which to access the online class. Please arrive 10 minutes before class begins, to ensure your connection and device are ready when the class begins.
- Each class will be held using Zoom technology. You will receive a link and a password and information on how to log on, prior to the class. You will be able to view and ask questions during the class.
General Age Policy:
All classes are for adults (18+) unless otherwise noted.
Be aware we may cancel 5 days before class date if a minimum number of registrations not reached. We work to balance teachers' need to plan for a class with students' busy schedules -- not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!