Rosemaling means “rose painting” in Norwegian or you may have heard the term kurbitsmalning or rosmalning — terms used in Sweden. Join us to learn and practice the techniques and designs of this beautiful traditional craft. Pam Anderson is one of the most entertaining instructors we have come across! You will have a great time learning!
This decorative folk art often incorporates flowers, scrollwork and geometric elements. In Norway this style of painting became popular around 1750, with a re-emergence of interest in US during the 20th century, as people explored their cultural heritage.
Each student will receive a kit including a wooden box that can be used as a planter or for those special treasures.
Students will be working alongside Pam to make their own design.
Perfect for a Mother’s Day gift!
A Kit will be mailed to each student, and the cost of the kit with shipping ($15) is included in the class registration fee. Registration will close one week before the class date to allow for mailing.
***Note: our classes are online at this time via Zoom, not in person—a link will be sent prior to the class.
Materials students will need to have in-hand to fully participate:
- Reading glasses if needed
- Kit, mailed by the instructor which will include the box you will paint, the paint you will need and brushes.
Online Class General Information:
- The class fee includes a kit, which will be mailed to you. Be sure to sign up by Wednesday, March 31st, to receive the kit. And if you want the kit to be mailed to an address other than your billing address, be sure to include that information in ‘Order Notes’ when you register.
- Each registration is for one “device” (one computer, tablet, phone). This is to ensure we don’t have more people registered than the instructor is comfortable with having in a class. Please be respectful of this guideline and purchase multiple class spots if more than one person from your household is interested in attending.
- You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which to access the online class. Please arrive 10 minutes before class begins, to ensure your connection and device are ready when the class begins.
- Each class will be held using Zoom technology. You will receive a link and a password and information on how to log on, prior to the class. You will be able to view and ask questions during the class.
General Age Policy:
All classes are for adults (18+) unless otherwise noted.
Be aware we may cancel 5 days before class date if a minimum number of registrations not reached. We work to balance teachers' need to plan for a class with students' busy schedules -- not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!