Online: I Can’t Draw – Drawing for Everyone
Date & Time: April 3 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
One event on April 3, 2021 at 10:00 am
One event on April 10, 2021 at 10:00 am
Class Fee: $80.00
Class fee includes cost of material for this class, if provided.
Skill Level: Beginner
In this three week class, you will learn some simple techniques to break through your belief that you can’t draw.
We will approach drawing as something that anyone can learn and will focus on a drawing style that celebrates simplicity and curiosity over perfection and precision. We will explore adding color to our drawings with watercolor paints and art markers and discuss fun ways to approach color.
Through guided exercises and discussion, we will open up our sense of wonder at what we are capable of, get out of our critical minds and use our hands to doodle, explore and expand our drawing abilities on the page together.
Materials students will need to have in-hand to fully participate:
- Any drawing pens (I will be using Micron and Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pens but you are welcome to use any)
- Pencil and eraser
- Sketchbook (I will use Bienfang 9×12 Mixed Media Pad but you can use any watercolor or mixed media sketchbook. Regular drawing paper will not work well with the watercolor paints).
- A set of watercolor paints and/or art markers (I will use Sakura Koi Watercolors and Sakura Koi Brush Pens).
- Small paint brush and container of water
Reminder: This class will meet on March 27, April 3 and April 10. All three classes are included in the registration fee.
Online Class General Information:
- Each registration is for one “device” (one computer, tablet, phone). This is to ensure we don’t have more people registered than the instructor is comfortable with having in a class. Please be respectful of this guideline and purchase multiple class spots if more than one person from your household is interested in attending.
- You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which to access the online class. Please arrive 10 minutes before class begins, to ensure your connection and device are ready when the class begins.
- Each class will be held using Zoom technology. You will receive a link and a password and information on how to log on, prior to the class. You will be able to view and ask questions during the class.
General Age Policy:
All classes are for adults (18+) unless otherwise noted.
Be aware we may cancel 5 days before class date if a minimum number of registrations not reached. We work to balance teachers' need to plan for a class with students' busy schedules -- not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!