Creating your very own oil blend, and infusing it with specific herbs, is a magical experience. Learning how to do this opens the door to blending herbs and oils for unlimited uses. We’ll cover a variety of herbs and how they benefit the skin, you’ll then select the herbs and learn how to create an herbal infused oil. At the end you’ll have a finished product in a bottle with a pump dispenser for keeping your skin healthy, and the knowledge to create more beneficial oil combinations.
Jaime has been interested in nature and plants since she was a child. She turned that interest into a life-long study, first in college and then through additional work and programs. She’ll be sharing her passion for healthy lifestyles that incorporate organic herbs and soothing lotions, we can’t wait!
Herbal Infused Oil Kit will include a variety of organic herbs (comfrey leaf and root, calendula flowers, red rose petals, lavender, plantain and chamomile), 3.5 oz organic jojoba oil, 1/2 oz organic argan oil and jar for finished product. The cost of this kit is included in the class fee, and the kit will be mailed to you after April 14, 2021. Please sign up for the class prior to this date.
Materials students will need to have in-hand to fully participate:
- Herbal Infused Oil Kit sent by the instructor
- I6 oz of Organic Cold Pressed Olive Oil
- double boiler (or two pans or a bowl and pan system that will act as a double boiler)
- wooden spoon
- liquid measuring cup
- fine mesh strainer
- cheese cloth or nut milk bag
- optional: essential oils to enhance benefits and aroma
**Note: our classes are online at this time via Zoom, not in person—a link will be sent prior to the class.
Online Class General Information:
- The class fee includes a kit, which will be mailed to you. Be sure to sign up by April 14, to receive the kit. And if you want the kit to be mailed to an address other than your billing address, be sure to include that information in ‘Order Notes’ when you register.
- Each registration is for one “device” (one computer, tablet, phone). This is to ensure we don’t have more people registered than the instructor is comfortable with having in a class. Please be respectful of this guideline and purchase multiple class spots if more than one person from your household is interested in attending.
- You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which to access the online class. Please arrive 10 minutes before class begins, to ensure your connection and device are ready when the class begins.
- Each class will be held using Zoom technology. You will receive a link and a password and information on how to log on, prior to the class. You will be able to view and ask questions during the class.
General Age Policy:
All classes are for adults (18+) unless otherwise noted.
Be aware we may cancel 5 days before class date if a minimum number of registrations not reached. We work to balance teachers' need to plan for a class with students' busy schedules -- not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!