Online Digital Photography for Students Aged 9 – 14
Date & Time: December 29, 2020 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
One event on January 5, 2021 at 4:00 pm
One event on January 12, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Class Fee: $37.00
Class fee includes cost of material for this class, if provided.
Skill Level: Beginner
A picture is worth a thousand words! This class will empower students to begin to capture images that express themselves in relation to the world around them. Students will be introduced to technical and aesthetic aspects of photography, providing them with the foundation for life-long enjoyment & expression.
This online series of classes with Carl Wegener will include 3 online classes, one week apart on Tuesday afternoon, (December 29, 2020 – January 5, 2021 – January 12, 2021), where the students and instructor interact.
Students will be asked to complete ‘homework’ in between each class, taking photographs using the guidelines provided in class. During each subsequent class new subjects will be covered, and there will also be time for the instructor and students to critique their own photographs.
Class Specific Information
- Each student will need to have access to a device capable of taking pictures, such as a cell phone, tablet or digital camera. The student also has the option of using a loaner camera, which will be available to purchase for $20 at the conclusion of the class. This option offers excellent value and is available through Carl’s project ‘Recycle Your Camera.com”. Carl works with camera clubs and others to have digital cameras donated for youth use. The option of purchasing the digital camera is offered at the conclusion of the class.
- Registration for this class will close one week before the class, in order to leave time for camera shipment
- Age Recommendation: This class is appropriate for students aged 9 – 14
- Computer Requirement for Class: Each student must have a pc or Mac computer, a Chrome book is not adequate and will not work. Each student must have a parent or guardian available with an email address, so that their weekly photography homework can be sent to Carl prior to the next class (only adult emails can be used, no student emails will be shared with the instructor).
Online Class General Information:
- Each registration is for one “device” (one computer, tablet, phone). This is to ensure we don’t have more people registered than the instructor is comfortable having in a class. Please be respectful of this guideline and purchase multiple class spots if more than one person from your household is interested in attending.
- You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which to access the online class. Please arrive 10 minutes before class begins, to ensure your connection and device are ready when the class begins.
- If the class lists ‘Materials Needed’, you will want to purchase those materials and have them available as well.
- Each class will be held using Google Group technology. You will receive a link and a password and information on how to log on, prior to the class. You will be able to view and ask questions during the class.
General Age Policy:
All classes are for adults (18+) unless otherwise noted.
Be aware we may cancel 5 days before class date if a minimum number of registrations not reached. We work to balance teachers' need to plan for a class with students' busy schedules -- not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!