Bob Grant learned sausage making at the knee of his Italian immigrant grandfather, and
now you can join in the tradition!
- In this demonstration class, students will learn everything they need to know to hand-make Italian sausage.
- How do you select the correct pork cut?
- What seasonings to use and how much?
- How to grind and then fill the casing?
You’ll learn all this and more as Bob shares stories and knowledge as he demonstrates the making of sausage the Calabrian way. There will be plenty of time for interactive questions as you watch Bob prepare and create Italian sausages.
Topics to be covered include the procurement and processing of the pork, selecting spices, choosing and preparing casings, purchasing grinders, and then assembling the sausages. But what about curing and cooking? That will be covered, too! Bob will share resources for tools, plus follow-up handouts, so you’ll be ready to make your own sausage after this helpful class.
(Note: this class will be taught via Zoom, not in person—a link will be sent prior to the
Cover photo credit: Christopher Testani, bonappetit.com
Online Class General Information:
● Each registration is for one “device” (one computer, tablet, phone). This is to ensure we don’t have more people registered than the instructor is comfortable with having in a class. Please be respectful of this guideline and purchase multiple class spots if more than one person from your household is interested in
● You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which to access the online class. Please arrive 10 minutes before class begins, to ensure your connection and device are ready when the class begins.
● If the class lists ‘Materials Needed’, you will want to purchase those materials and have them available as well
● Each class will be held using Zoom technology. You will receive a link and a password and information on how to log on, prior to the class. You will be able to view and ask questions during the class.
General Age Policy:
All classes are for adults (18+) unless otherwise noted.
Be aware we may cancel 5 days before class date if a minimum number of registrations not reached. We work to balance teachers' need to plan for a class with students' busy schedules -- not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!