Online: Nature Printed Fabric Books with Emma Freeman
Date & Time: May 11 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
One event on May 18, 2021 at 6:30 pm
Class Fee: $60.00
Class fee includes cost of material for this class, if provided.
Skill Level: Beginner
***In this two session class, learn how to create hand stitched fabric books printed with real leaves, flowers and feathers.
You will explore simple printmaking and slow stitching techniques to make beautiful books that celebrate the natural world. We think you’ll find the process of using items from nature combined with the stitching and book creation to be soothing yet will be another way to allow your imagination to flourish. This is a perfect gift for a friend, loved one, or a real treat for yourself.
Emma Freeman is an amazing artist and truly gifted instructor who has gotten rave reviews from our students at her previous classes. Marine Mills Folk School is thrilled to be able to offer this new class. Check out Emma’s Etsy site, Website, Facebook or Instagram!
This two session class will take place on Tuesday evenings, May 11 and May 18, from 6:30 to 8 pm.
Materials students will need to have in-hand to fully participate:
- Tsukineko VersaCraft multi-purpose stamp pad in black or a color you enjoy (you can buy it here.)
- 4 pieces of solid fabric cut to 8 inches by 4 inches. I suggest using linen or cotton or a blend of natural fibers. Synthetic fabrics and thick fabrics like wool won’t work as well. I will use repurposed fabric from curtains, dish towels and napkins so feel free to do the same or use new fabric. If you use new fabric, wash it on hot before class.
- Small fresh leaves, flower petals, feathers from outside
- Iron and ironing board/surface to iron on
- Thread and needle / I will use Japanese Sashiko thread, you can use cotton sewing thread or embroidery floss too. Choose one color you like-white or black are good to start with if you can’t decide.
- Scrap paper
Online Class General Information:
- Each registration is for one “device” (one computer, tablet, phone). This is to ensure we don’t have more people registered than the instructor is comfortable with having in a class. Please be respectful of this guideline and purchase multiple class spots if more than one person from your household is interested in attending.
- You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which to access the online class. Please arrive 10 minutes before class begins, to ensure your connection and device are ready when the class begins.
- If the class lists ‘Materials Needed’, you will want to purchase those materials and have them available as well
- Each class will be held using Zoom technology. You will receive a link and a password and information on how to log on, prior to the class. You will be able to view and ask questions during the class.
General Age Policy:
All classes are for adults (18+) unless otherwise noted.
Be aware we may cancel 5 days before class date if a minimum number of registrations not reached. We work to balance teachers' need to plan for a class with students' busy schedules -- not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!