Memory Cloth Books (Online)
Date & Time: October 3 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
One event on October 10, 2021 at 10:00 am
Class Fee: $65
Class fee includes cost of material for this class, if provided.
Skill Level: Beginner
This is a two session on-line class. Classes are held on Oct 3 and October 10, 2021 from 10:00 to 11:30 am.
Create soft, tactile books out of fabric that holds some meaning to you. It could be connected to anyone in your life or a version of yourself that has transitioned in some way.
Through slow hand stitching and suggestions to keep the process moving, we’ll make books that are intuitive and unique to each of us.
These books can be a very healing experience to create and will often bring up memories and emotions that may be surprising.
You will be invited to share stories or anything else you want to during the class as your books emerge.
Note: this class is online—a Zoom link will be sent prior to the class.
Materials students will need to have in-hand to fully participate:
- Fabric scraps of any kind
- Thread of any kind in colors you enjoy (Emma will use Japanese sashiko and embroidery threads or organic linen threads, (you can use sewing threads or any others)
- Needles that work with your thread
- Notebook and pen
Online Class General Information:
- Each registration is for one “device” (one computer, tablet, phone). This is to ensure we don’t have more people registered than the instructor is comfortable with having in a class. Please be respectful of this guideline and purchase multiple class spots if more than one person from your household is interested in attending.
- You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which to access the online class. Please arrive 10 minutes before class begins, to ensure your connection and device are ready when the class begins.
- If the class lists ‘Materials Needed’, you will want to purchase those materials and have them available as well
- Each class will be held using Zoom technology. You will receive a link and a password and information on how to log on, prior to the class. You will be able to view and ask questions during the class.
General Age Policy:
All classes are for adults (18+) unless otherwise noted.
Be aware we may cancel 5 days before class date if a minimum number of registrations not reached. We work to balance teachers' need to plan for a class with students' busy schedules -- not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!