Leathermaking Is For You!
Date & Time: January 21, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
One event on January 28, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Class Fee: $20.00
Class fee includes cost of material for this class, if provided.
Skill Level: Beginner
This is a two session class, one that meets on Thursday, January 21st and then on Thursday, January 28th. The cost of this class does not include the materials kit, see information below for ordering your kit separately.
Join our master leathermaker, Dan Horan of Merchant Leather, to make the perfect gift for a loved one, or a little something for yourself. Remember, Valentine’s Day is coming……
You choose the project and color: glasses case, card holder passport holder or coin purse. Using a special discount code, you will order your kit from Merchant Leather and the kit will be mailed to you complete with everything you need to make the finished product.
And that is where Dan and the workshops come in! Dan will offer 2 one-hour work sessions on two separate days, Thursday, January 21 and Thursday, January 28. He will be available to help you get started if you need a nudge, answer questions, and help you through any tricky spots as you complete your project. Dan will also demonstrate a little leathermaking of his own. Plus you’ll get a look at Dan’s workshop to see tools and hides, and learn a bit of leathermaking history along the way.
Registrations will close on January 13, in order to leave enough time to mail out kits. Once you have registered (hurry – limited spots available!), you will receive an email with the Marine Mills Folk School discount coupon code — allowing you to order your kit at a special discount. You will need to visit Merchant Leather to order the kit.
Join the fun, learn new skills and by the end of the workshops you’ll have a finished product that will amaze your friends and family!
Materials students will need to have in-hand to fully participate:
- All students will need to purchase a kit from Merchant Leather prior to class. A discount code for all kits will be to emailed to each registered student.
Online Class General Information:
- Each registration is for one “device” (one computer, tablet, phone). This is to ensure we don’t have more people registered than the instructor is comfortable with having in a class. Please be respectful of this guideline and purchase multiple class spots if more than one person from your household is interested in attending.
- You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which to access the online class. Please arrive 10 minutes before class begins, to ensure your connection and device are ready when the class begins.
- If the class lists ‘Materials Needed’, you will want to purchase those materials and have them available as well
- Each class will be held using Zoom technology. You will receive a link and a password and information on how to log on, prior to the class. You will be able to view and ask questions during the class.
General Age Policy:
All classes are for adults (18+) unless otherwise noted.
Be aware we may cancel 5 days before class date if a minimum number of registrations not reached. We work to balance teachers' need to plan for a class with students' busy schedules -- not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!