Online: Digital Photography for Students Aged 9 +
Date & Time: April 24 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
One event on May 1, 2021 at 9:00 am
One event on May 8, 2021 at 9:00 am
Class Fee: $40
Class fee includes cost of material for this class, if provided.
Skill Level: Beginner
Please note this is a 3 session class for one price! Saturday, April 24, Saturday May 1 and Saturday May 8, 2021
A picture is worth a thousand words! This class will empower students to capture images that express themselves in relation to the world around them. Students will be introduced to technical and aesthetic aspects of photography, providing them with the foundation for life-long enjoyment & expression.
This online series of classes with Carl Wegener will include 3 live online classes where the students and instructor interact. Students will be asked to complete ‘homework’ in between each class, taking photographs using the guidelines provided in class. During each subsequent class new subjects will be covered, and there will also be time for the instructor and students to critique their own photographs.
Carl is the perfect combination of ‘dad-goofy’ and knowledge, with past students singing praises for the class and for Carl. This class is a great activity to get kids outside and engaged!
Class Specific Information
- Each student will need to have access to a device capable of taking pictures, such as a cell phone, tablet or digital camera. The student also has the option of purchasing a donated and refurbished digital camera for only $25 (includes shipping). This option offers excellent value and is available through Carl’s project “Recycle Your Camera.com for kids.” Carl works with camera clubs and others to have digital cameras donated for youth use. If interested, please contact the our instructor Carl at firstname.lastname@example.org and he can arrange for the purchase and delivery of the camera
- Register Soon! Registration for this class will close April 17, in order to leave time for camera shipment
- Age Recommendation: This class is appropriate for students aged 9+.
- Computer and Email Requirement for Class: Each student should have access to a working computer. We ask that each student have a parent or guardian available during the class, to help with potential technical questions. Finally, each week the student will be asked to email their weekly photography homework to Carl, for review and uploading — only an email associated with an adult can be used (no student email addresses to be accessed by the instructor).
Online Class General Information:
- Each registration is for one “device” (one computer, tablet, phone). This is to ensure we don’t have more people registered than the instructor is comfortable having in a class. Please be respectful of this guideline and purchase multiple class spots if more than one person from your household is interested in attending.
- You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which to access the online class. Please arrive 10 minutes before class begins, to ensure your connection and device are ready when the class begins.
- If the class lists ‘Materials Needed’, you will want to purchase those materials and have them available as well.
General Age Policy:
All classes are for adults (18+) unless otherwise noted.
Be aware we may cancel 5 days before class date if a minimum number of registrations not reached. We work to balance teachers' need to plan for a class with students' busy schedules -- not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!