This class is designed for beginner cell phone filmmakers. Learn simple techniques to improve the quality of your cell phone video editing.
These days, creating a lasting memory can be as easy as pulling a cell phone out of your pocket. Using the video recording function on your cell phones, it has never been easier to make great home movies right in your own backyard. And, by learning a few simple filmmaking tricks like choosing camera angles and frame sizing, and how to utilize natural light, you can learn how to make the most of those captured memories.
This online, 90-minute course will offer hands-on instruction on how to edit your own cell phone video utilizing iMovie.
This second part of the series will focus on “post production” or what to do with the video footage now that you have it. Using iMovie, you will be taught the basic editing skills and techniques. We will further discuss how to upload a video to the internet and share the link with your friends.
The first class in this series will be held on September 19 and should be registered for separately. This second class of the series can be taken without participation in the prior class, if the student is specifically interested in learning editing techniques using the iMovie app.
Online Class Specific Information:
- It is helpful if participants have access to a smart phone during the class period, separate from the device that the class is being viewed on. This will allow the participants to actively work with their phone functions while discussing them.
- Participants will need to have access to the iMovie. Footage will be available for download prior to the start of the class which will allow participants to work on iMovie during the class period.
Online Class General Information:
- Each registration is for one “device” (one computer, tablet, phone). This is to ensure we don’t have more students registered than the instructor is comfortable with having in a class. Please be respectful of this guideline and purchase multiple class spots if more than one person from your household is interested in attending.
- You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which to access the online class. Please arrive 10 minutes before class begins, to ensure your connection and device are ready when the class begins.
- If the class lists ‘Materials Needed’, you will want to purchase those materials and have them available as well
- Each class will be held using Zoom technology. You will receive a link and a password and information on how to log on, prior to the class. You will be able to view and ask questions during the class.
General Age Policy:
All classes are for adults (18+) unless otherwise noted.
Be aware we may cancel 5 days before class date if a minimum number of registrations not reached. We work to balance teachers' need to plan for a class with students' busy schedules -- not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!