Who doesn’t enjoy an excellent blue cheese? We know you will love making this in the comfort of your own kitchen under the guidance of our cheese master, Gary Colles. Whether you have taken one of Gary’s previous cheesemaking classes or not, you will love pulling this cheese out of your refrigerator knowing that you created this with your own two hands.
Take this class alone or as part of our Oktoberfest weekend and brew your own beer the next day with Peter Foster. Go ahead, treat yourself!
(Note: this class is online via Zoom, not in person—a link will be sent prior to the class. Don’t forget to buy your supplies BEFORE the class, see below)
Materials students will need to have in-hand to fully participate:
- 1 gallon milk
- Aroma B
- Mesophillic starter MA4001/4002
- Vein of Roquefort cheese (buy a small sample – you’ll be using just a blue vein of the sample)
- Rennet – (you’ll only use ¼ tablet if using tablet form)
- A good website to buy your supplies is https://www.getculture.com/home.php
Online Class General Information:
- Each registration is for one “device” (one computer, tablet, phone). This is to ensure we don’t have more people registered than the instructor is comfortable with having in a class. Please be respectful of this guideline and purchase multiple class spots if more than one person from your household is interested in attending.
- You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which to access the online class. Please arrive 10 minutes before class begins, to ensure your connection and device are ready when the class begins.
- If the class lists ‘Materials Needed’, you will want to purchase those materials and have them available as well
- Each class will be held using Zoom technology. You will receive a link and a password and information on how to log on, prior to the class. You will be able to view and ask questions during the class.
General Age Policy:
All classes are for adults (18+) unless otherwise noted.
Be aware we may cancel 5 days before class date if a minimum number of registrations not reached. We work to balance teachers' need to plan for a class with students' busy schedules -- not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!