Marine Mills Folk School Covid Protocols
Marine Mills Folk School (MMFS) plans to begin outdoor classes in June 2021. MMFS has adjusted the way it operates in order to provide a healthy and safe environment for volunteers/staff and visitors alike.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, and in order to adhere to social distancing guidelines, please check in at the front desk.
Parking is available in the parking lot on the west side of the building as well as street parking in front of our building.
COVID-19 Protocols as of 9-6-2022
- Students and instructors will be asked to screen themselves each day of a class for COVID-19 symptoms before coming, and not come to the school if they are having any symptoms.
- Upon entering the check in area inside, or outside (weather permitting) the MMFS building hand sanitizer will be available and you will be asked to maintain 6 feet of social distancing. Name badges and any waivers to be signed will be clearly labeled for each student.
- Following guidance from the MN Department of Health and CDC (5-15-21), Marine Mills Folk School will not require masks for fully vaccinated students, instructors, volunteers, or staff. This applies to both inside and outside environments. Individuals who are not fully vaccinated need to be masked while on the MMFS campus. A mask will be provided if needed. Any individual who feels more comfortable with a mask is encouraged to wear one.
- During inclement weather classes will be moved into the MMFS Building. Students will be spread out inside the classrooms.
- Restroom facilities will be available inside the school. They will be cleaned each day before class and more frequently if needed.
- Restrooms are to be used one at a time and we ask everyone to be respectful of others. Each bathroom will be clearly marked.
What to Bring to your MMFS Class
- Please refer to the class listing in our website and the class confirmation email you were sent prior to your class. Some classes use only supplied materials. Others ask that you bring materials or tools, and offer clothing recommendations. These are listed in class descriptions and in your emailed class confirmation.
- Remember to bring a mask to wear during classes if you would like to wear one.
- Please DO NOT bring pets, young children or other observers.
- In general we do not allow non-registered individuals. Exceptions may apply, but please check first.
- If you have questions about a supply list, please email email@example.com
While we recognize that life intrudes and plans change, in consideration of the time and energy instructors invest in preparing for classes, we must adhere to the following cancellation policies:
If you need to cancel your attendance due to a Covid exposure or testing positive to Covid, you will receive a full refund. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Students who cancel their enrollment more than 14 days before the class begins will receive a refund less a $20 cancellation fee to cover administration costs. In consideration of our instructors, students who cancel 14 days or less prior to class, for any reason other than testing positive for Covid or Covid exposure, will not receive a refund.
Certain classes may have different cancellation policies.
When this is the case, it will be noted in the class description. Please be sure that you are familiar with your class's cancellation policy, and contact us if you have any questions.
Marine Mills Folk School Cancellations
Classes without a minimum number of registrations may be canceled. If we must cancel a course, students will receive a full refund for that course.
Our operating plan is informed by the following resources: