Marine Mills Folk School Covid Protocols
Marine Mills Folk School (MMFS) plans to begin outdoor classes in June 2021. MMFS has adjusted the way it operates in order to provide a healthy and safe environment for volunteers/staff and visitors alike.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions and in order to adhere to social distancing guidelines, please check in at the front desk.
Parking is available in the parking lot on the west side of the building as well as street parking in front of our building.
COVID-19 Protocols as of 4-21
- Students and instructors will be asked to screen themselves each day of a class for COVID-19 symptoms before coming, and not come to the school if they are having any symptoms.
- Upon entering the check in area inside, or outside (weather permitting) the MMFS building hand sanitizer will be available and you will be asked to maintain 6 feet of social distancing. Name badges and any waivers to be signed will be clearly labeled for each student.
- Since July 25, 2020, a statewide indoor face covering requirement has been in effect and face coverings must be worn at all times indoors. MMFS requires our students/instructors/volunteers/staff to wear a mask at all times while in classes both inside and outside. Masks will be made available for those who do not have one.
- No more than 10 people will be permitted inside a room at one time. Space in classrooms and common areas at the folk school are large and you are asked to stay 6 feet apart.
- During inclement weather classes will be moved into the MMFS Building. Students will be spread out inside the classrooms. Windows will be opened and fans provided.
- Restroom facilities will be available inside the school. They will be cleaned each day before class and more frequently if needed.
- Restrooms are to be used one at a time and we ask everyone to be respectful of others. Each bathroom will be clearly marked.
What to Bring to your MMFS Class
- Please refer to the class listing in our website and the class confirmation email you were sent prior to your class. Some classes use only supplied materials. Others ask that you bring materials or tools, and offer clothing recommendations. These are listed in class descriptions and in your emailed class confirmation.
- Remember to bring a mask to wear during classes.
- Please DO NOT bring pets, young children or other observers.
- In general we do not allow non-registered individuals. Exceptions may apply, but please check first.
- If you have questions about a supply list, please email info@marinemillsfolk school.org
While we recognize that life intrudes and plans change, in consideration of the time and energy instructors invest in preparing for classes, we must adhere to the following cancellation policies:
If you need to cancel your attendance due to a Covid exposure or testing positive to Covid, you will receive a full refund. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Students who cancel their enrollment more than 14 days before the class begins will receive a refund less a $20 cancellation fee to cover administration costs. In consideration of our instructors, students who cancel 14 days or less prior to class, for any reason other than testing positive for Covid or Covid exposure, will not receive a refund.
Certain classes may have different cancellation policies. When this is the case, it will be noted in the class description. Please be sure that you are familiar with your class's cancellation policy, and contact us if you have any questions.
Marine Mills Folk School Cancellations
Classes without a minimum number of registrations may be canceled. If we must cancel a course, students will receive a full refund for that course.
Our operating plan is informed by the following resources: