Marine Mills Folk School Covid Protocols
Marine Mills Folk School (MMFS) operates in a variety of locations, with both online and in-person classes. MMFS has adjusted the way it operates in order to provide a healthy and safe environment for volunteers/staff and visitors alike. We follow all MDH and CDC guidelines
Please check in at the front desk or wherever you are directed. Please adhere to social distancing guidelines and wear a mask when inside the building.
Parking is available in the parking lot on the west side of the building as well as street parking in front of our building. You will be provided parking information for locations other than the MMFS building.
COVID-19 Protocols as of 8-3-21
- MMFS recommends that all students, instructors and staff be vaccinated against COVID-19 before teaching or taking a class. An instructor may require that class attendees be vaccinated.
- Students and instructors are asked to screen themselves each day of a class for COVID-19 symptoms before coming, and not come to the school if they are having any symptoms.
- Upon entering the check in area inside, or outside (weather permitting) the MMFS building hand sanitizer will be available and you will be asked to maintain 6 feet of social distancing. Name badges and any waivers to be signed will be clearly labeled for each student.
- Following guidance from the MN Department of Health(8-2-21) and CDC (7-27-21), Marine Mills Folk School is requiring all students, instructors, volunteers and staff to wear a mask when inside. A mask will be provided if needed.
- MMFS suggests that Individuals who are not fully vaccinated consider taking only online classes at this time.
- Every student will receive a Class Confirmation Email several days prior to class, confirming that masks are required to be used when inside a building and directing participants to confirm our current Covid protocols (which may have changed since their registration date).
- No more than 15 people will be permitted inside a classroom at one time. Space in classrooms and common areas at the folk school are large and participants are asked to stay 6 feet apart. As noted earlier, everyone will be required to wear a mask when inside the building.
- The MMFS building is equipped with state-of-the-art air filters, installed by our landlord, the City of Marine on St. Croix, as part of their Covid response in 2020.
- Restroom facilities are available inside the school. They will be cleaned before a class day and more frequently if needed.
What to Bring to your MMFS Class
- Please refer to the class listing on our website and the class confirmation email you were sent prior to your class. Some classes use only supplied materials. Others ask that you bring materials or tools, and offer clothing recommendations. These are listed in class descriptions and in your emailed class confirmation.
- Remember to bring a mask.
- Please DO NOT bring pets, young children or other observers.
- In general we do not allow non-registered individuals. Exceptions may apply, but please check first.
- If you have questions about a supply list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
While we recognize that life intrudes and plans change, in consideration of the time and energy instructors invest in preparing for classes, we must adhere to the following cancellation policies:
If you need to cancel your attendance due to a Covid exposure or testing positive to Covid, you will receive a full refund. Please contact us at email@example.com as soon as possible.
Students who cancel their enrollment more than 14 days before the class begins will receive a refund less a $20 cancellation fee to cover administration costs. In consideration of our instructors, students who cancel 14 days or less prior to class, for any reason other than testing positive for Covid or Covid exposure, will not receive a refund.
Certain classes may have different cancellation policies. When this is the case, it will be noted in the class description. Please be sure that you are familiar with your class’s cancellation policy, and contact us if you have any questions.
Marine Mills Folk School Cancellations
Classes without a minimum number of registrations may be canceled. If we must cancel a course, students will receive a full refund for that course.
Our operating plan is informed by the following resources: