Intro to Welding: Create a Garden Sculpture (In-Person)
Instructor: Greg Kraft
Date & Time: May 21, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
Total Cost: $100.00
Skill Level: No Experience Needed
NOTE: Be aware we may cancel class if a minimum number of registrations is not reached. We work to balance teachers’ need to plan for a class with students’ busy schedules — not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!
This class will introduce you to welding as you create a stone and metal sculpture suitable for your garden or patio. TIG welding uses an inert gas and bonds metal to metal without a wire feed or rods or sticks, and is typically used for thinner materials such as pipe welding or where appearance is important. Local artist Greg Kraft will cover safety as well as introductory concepts for sculpture design. Come join the fun and create a garden sculpture just in time for the gardening season.
Students should bring:
- Long sleeved cotton shirt, long pants, closed toe leather shoes or boots
- DO NOT wear shorts, dresses, short sleeves or open toed shoes
- Optional: Leather work gloves, instructor will have some gloves available
- Optional: Stone about size of your first
- Bring a bag lunch and refillable water bottle as there is no food available on campus
Material Fee: $20.00