Papercutting with Torben, Again (Online)
Instructor: Torben Jarlstrom Clausen
Date & Time: February 27, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Total Cost: $30
Skill Level: No Experience Needed
NOTE: Be aware we may cancel class if a minimum number of registrations is not reached. We work to balance teachers’ need to plan for a class with students’ busy schedules — not an easy task. Please register as early as possible!
We had such great reviews and wild successes with our December papercutting class that we have asked Torben to join us again!
Learn to create these wonderful paper-cut beings with Danish artist, Torben Jarlstrøm Clausen; via Zoom. The paper cut universe of Torben Jarlstrøm Clausen is inhabited with beings who have previously been confined inside the paper. At that time the beings were weighed down by their own limitations -- with this class they are released!
In this online workshop the participants can experience the very best of cutting paper – namely the moment when the paper is unfolded and the magic occurs – that is when the happy paper cut being emerges.
“I can sense that the beings are in the paper, but at that time they are sad. They are unresolved and have something in their life that plagues them. After some help from the scissors, they are all cut free from the paper and travel around happily in our diverse world,” says Torben Jarlstrøm Clausen, who further explains that this is why all his paper cut beings smile and look so happy.
(Note: This class will be online via Zoom, not in person—a link will be sent prior to the class.)
Materials students will need to have in-hand to fully participate:
- A sharp pair of scissors.
- Paper that is approximately the same thickness as paper normally used in a printer:
- Approximately 5 pieces of paper that are approximately 4 x 4 inches.
- Approximately 5 pieces of paper that are about 1 x 2 inches.
- Color according to students’ own wishes.
Online Class General Information:
- Each registration is for one “device” (one computer, tablet, phone). This is to ensure we don’t have more people registered than the instructor is comfortable with having in a class. Please be respectful of this guideline and purchase multiple class spots if more than one person from your household is interested in attending.
- You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which to access the online class. Please arrive 10 minutes before class begins, to ensure your connection and device are ready when the class begins.
- If the class lists ‘Materials Needed’, you will want to purchase those materials and have them available as well
- Each class will be held using Zoom technology. You will receive a link and a password and information on how to log on, prior to the class. You will be able to view and ask questions during the class.