As you know we are beginning a new video series chatting with various people who have a connection to Marine Mills Folk School called Porch Talk! These chats are designed to keep you learning about the fantastic people whose connection with us keeps us moving forward.
This first week of Porch Talk, we talked with Emily Anderson, an artist who also owns Hwy North, a gift shop in Marine on St. Croix. Emily shared with us what gives her inspiration to create her very beautiful paintings. We have listed where she finds inspiration here.
- The Marine Community Library is a wonderful resource for just about anything. Many of the books Emily referenced in this weeks’ Porch Talk can be found at the Marine Library.
- Here is a quick list of Emily’s suggested books:
- Artists Emily follows on Instagram are:
- Easy to read, lists definitions of what is what and generally a good overall website to learn.How to begin paintingI am not sure about you, but I marvel at those who can paint something on canvas. Here is an online guide for those beginners like me.
- Remember the painter on PBS, Bob Ross? Well of course there is a website with all his episodes available. Check it out!
- You have to be determined and know what to use but you also need to be confident. This is a great article about How to stay confident and keep going!