Here are some great suggestions from Kirsten, our program support coordinator, regarding online resources for the July 4 weekend:
I often wonder what we will say to those too young to remember about COVID 19 and the year of 2020. Or what will be written about how we dealt with this pandemic. And what will be said about how we all celebrated the 4th of July?
My challenge to everyone is to make it a good one. Why not? So what are you planning for the 4th?
Happy 4th of July 2020
Be safe and make memories.
Here are some ideas.
- Wondering what’s happening this Independence day in Minneapolis? Explore all your 4th of July options in one place!
- Driving to Duluth? Fourth Fest in Duluth Minnesota is happening!
- This might be a great website to just know about. Family Fun Twin Cities. Lists all the great things you can do with your family, even during Covid. Check it out.
- Looking for a great place to ride your bike? Check out Minnesota Bike Trail Navigator…and see where you can be on the 4th?
- Start a new tradition…take a walk on the 4th! Here is the Traillink.com website. Take a look and take a hike!
- Oh and the food….what about the food? Picnic, Scandinavian Style! Ingebretsen’s shares a few stories about a Scandinavian picnic….
- Minnesota Style Potato Salad sounds good!
- What about Baked Beans….Minnesota Baked Beans!
- And then desert! State Fair Ribbon Fudge Brownies!
- And then, come Sunday, July 5th, you can sit down and maybe read a good book. Check out this summer reading list for Goodreads.com. You have earned a rest.