We’ve all been dreading the thought of melting snow and daffodil sightings as the ground warms up under the spring sun….NOT! Even if your only connection to gardening is a small pot on a window sill, we’re betting you are dreaming of seeds and potting soil. Our list of resources this week primarily focuses on gardening and green thumbs.
- Loving the nature photos in our newsletter this week? Many thanks to Greg Seitz for generously providing them to us. Check out StCroix360, an informative site featuring all things St. Croix River. Sign up for his e-newsletter and consider joining as a supporter to help keep this resource available.
- When do you should plant your seeds in Minnesota.
- https://www.farmersalmanac.com/; Just general looking and learning.
- How to start a vegetable garden.
- How to start growing plants in your house
- Facebook Grow with KARE
- Native plants in your state
- Learn about your state extension services
- Companion Planting in MN
- Easy Annuals to plant in zone 4
- Got some time to work on your crochet skills? Our instructor Cara Corey has some creative workshops plus crochet kits and patterns on her website. She’s also offering an online workshop on beeswax food wraps.
- Don’t forget, this Saturday at 11 am, another episode of ‘River Radio‘, an hour of local news and interviews of folks from in and around the St. Croix Valley. Sponsored by the Marine Community Library and featuring Jim Maher and Gayle Knutsen.
Photo Credit: PR Priske at Unsplash.com