Photo Credit: Yoksel Zak on Unsplash.com
- On-line Plant Sale through Spark-Y, a wonderful organization located in Minneapolis that has been empowering youth with hands-on education rooted in entrepreneurship and sustainability since 2009. Purchase until April 30, pick-up will be in Minneapolis on May 16.
- The University of Minnesota Extension Service has information on ‘Backyard Landscape Best Practices for Pollinators.’
- The Pollinator Friendly Alliance has developed a series of 20 minute on-line talks on a variety of topics. On April 21 the topic is ‘Buckthorn Removal & Woodland Understory Diversity’ and on April 28 listen to Jim Almendinger from the St. Croix Research Center lead a discussion about the ‘Geologic History of the St. Croix River.’ Take a look!
- Our friends at Ely Folk School will be offering a free on-line biscuit and gravy cooking class this upcoming Saturday. Doesn’t that sound good? Give it a try remotely, then stop by to say hi to Betty and the gang, once we can travel ‘up nord’ to Ely.
- Can you tell we’re dreaming of getting outside with no restrictions?? Here’s a local organization that provides opportunities to seniors, military families and those with disabilities to get outside and Let’s Go Fishing!